ComStock Advisors is a national financial advisory firm specializing in valuing private businesses for employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and employee benefit purposes, mergers and acquisitions, ownership transitions, tax purposes, and dispute resolutions. Additionally, we assist business owners and executives in analyzing their ownership transition alternatives and provide fairness opinions for corporate transactions involving ESOPs. ComStock Advisors has offices in Chicago, Cincinnati, Washington D.C. and Winston-Salem.
To support our growth, we currently seek full-time Associates for our Chicago and Washington DC area offices.
- Financial statement analysis, economic and industry research, and valuation and transaction modeling;
- Valuation modeling includes among others performing discounted cash flows analysis, guideline company analysis, and merger and acquisition analysis;
- Transaction modeling includes performing debt and scenario analysis;
- Interacting with clients to gather information and understand and assess their business models including performing SWOT analyses;
- Preparing work products for client delivery and participating in presenting our findings to clients;
- Preparing and participating in presentations for business development purposes;
- Participating in client meetings and working within a team environment to provide integrated advisory services to clients; and,
- Managing analysts on project teams.
Qualified candidates must:
- Have a master’s degree (or significant progress toward completion) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant fields with a minimum GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0;
- Have 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Have superior oral and written communication skills;
- Be detail oriented, organized, and able to meet project deadlines;
- Have the ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Be self-motivated with a desire for continuous learning;
- Have strong interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to travel to client meetings and conferences 2 to 5 days per month; and,
- Have a professional presence.
At ComStock, we are an employee owned company and believe that great people make a great organization. We value each and every employee and offer competitive compensation, extensive employee benefits, and an excellent work environment with an emphasis on work/life balance.
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a cover letter specifying to which location you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.